I am WAY behind. I was nominated for this award back on August 6, 2013 by Marie over at My Mom Thoughts. This was back when it was award season around this corner of WordPress and people were passing awards around like crazy. I was getting ready to expel a baby from my body and was feeling too overwhelmed to actually get posts like these done. Now, I have no more excuses because things are relatively quiet around here. So now its time for me to start accepting and passing on awards. Woo hoo!!!
First things first, what the hell is the Liebster Award? To be honest, I still really don’t know and have gathered that neither does anyone else. I found this post that sort of gives a little history. What I took from it is that a German started it back in 2010 and “liebster” means “dearest”. Here are the rules as stated in Marie’s post:
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 bloggers for the award
- Notify your nominees
- Ask eleven questions the bloggers must answer upon receiving the nomination
- Answer the eleven questions you were asked when you were nominated
- Link back to the person who nominated you
I am going to alter this a bit because I remember so many people lamenting about how much work this particular award is when you are busy raising kids and trying to keep up a blog. I will do Marie’s rules, but here are mine:
- List 11 random facts about yourself (I’m leaving this because it is fun and painless)
- Nominate the one blogger that is “dearest” to you and explain why in your post
- Notify your nominee
- Link back to the person who nominated you
So here goes!
11 Random Facts
- I have a growth on my nose that people often mistake for a nose piercing. I receive compliments on my growth.
- I started writing a book!
- I was a Merit Finalist in the Miss Teen of Oregon pageant (pre-nose growth).
- I recently discovered that I don’t hate Jane Austen’s writing and rather enjoy her.
- I’m participating in a study of Charlotte Mason’s writing about home education.
- Back when I was a Wiccan, a friend asked me, in all seriousness, if I could fly on a broom.
- I once had to convince a parent of a client that she could not be a vampire.
- I grew up on a cattle ranch. Once, there was a bucket of organs in the kitchen when I came home from school with a note that read: “Please clean and put away.”
- I waltzed on the streets of Dublin with a group of boys that my friends and I encountered on the way back to our hotel one night.
- I sing about everything. I don’t know why, but I feel this uncontrollable urge to put everything to a tune. Sometimes The Man in Plaid and I will play off each other and come up with some pretty neat little ditties.
- My birthday is exactly 100 years after my Great-Great Grandma Clementine. Well, maybe Great-Great-Great…I can never keep that straight.
I’m nominating Rachael from Mummy Flying Solo and Kerry from Winding Road. I know I said the 1 dearest, but I couldn’t just pick one and Marie wanted me to pick 11 so I think this is fair. I have really connected with both of these women. We have different backgrounds, different takes on life, and very different lifestyles, but we always seem to find the same things funny, beautiful, and infuriating. Rachael and I even almost met in person. I’m sure it’s meant to be someday. Rachael is always making me laugh and Kerry tends to make me cry, but we always find a way to support each other on our motherhood journey. I am thankful to have the opportunity to get to know them.
The Questions Asked by Marie:
- What is your favorite part of blogging?
Being able to get all my thoughts out there! I am a SAHM and a lot goes on up there, but Crazy Pants isn’t much for dialogue. This gives me a chance to share and discuss.
- Do you have a small family or a big family?
Pretty average. Two young boys, but I’m hoping for a third at some point. Who knows…maybe we will be a four kid family!
- What is your favorite season?
Fall. There is nothing better.
- What is your favorite food?
Right now: Mexican food. Cheese makes me SO happy.
- How often do you cook in your house? Or does someone else cook for you (including take-out)?
I’m a “from scratch” mama. I even have a white erase board just for my weekly meal plan. I LOVE to cook. I also received a dishwasher from my mother-in-law for Christmas so now my love doesn’t have to be so much flipping work 🙂
- Where do you shop online? eBay, Amazon, JCPenny, Kohls, Walmart, Target, Office Depot…?
Mostly Amazon. You can seriously find anything there.
- Have you ever travelled to another country? If so, where?
Heck yes! Mexico, Canada, Ireland, England, Spain, The Netherlands, Czech Republic, Italy
- Do you take a vacation every year?
Hahahahahahahahahaha. No. All that traveling happened in college. With student loans.
- Have you ever gone to a family reunion?
No, I have a hard time imagining what that would be like. Probably pretty traumatic.
- What is something that you keep loosing? Keys, Money, Jewelry, Important Papers, The Wireless Mouse (thanks Little Man!)…?
- What would you like to see me blog about? A certain topic, a specific recipe, more pictures…?
I need to follow Marie more closely because she has so many great recipes! I have been pretty terrible about following anyone lately and for some reason, Marie never shows up in my reader. I will have to add her to my email notifications! I’m always looking for something new to cook.
Stay tuned folks! I’ve got more of these in the pipeline and more people will be receiving nominations! Thanks Marie!